Voting

Tuesday, April 8, 2008

My comments on Oprah's latest...

For those of you who have followed my blog the last couple of months, you know that I am not much of a writer. I pretty much post pictures and leave a few words about them. I am trying to get better at the whole writing thing. I am such a visual person- where are the pictures?? Anyway, I just couldn't believe that Oprah was arguing with people about the plan of salvation. This is just a complete distortion of who Jesus Christ is and what he has done for all of us- yes- even Oprah! The fact that she has such influence on so many people is very troubling. Satan has surely worked his influence on her by leading her to believe, a very popular tenet these days, that it is okay to believe in anything. Whatever suits you and your lifestyle is okay. It is very sad that so many people do not have a relationship with Heavenly Father and are not gracious about the fact that Jesus suffered and died for us. Can we sue Oprah for libel? I certainly will look at her opinions in a different light from now on.
If you havent seen the video, it is below...

1 comment:

dubby said...

We talked about this in seminary today. Scary, isn't it? My brother is starting to believe in "The Secret" that she promotes. It is so nice to have such a feel-good religion with no responsibility and no guilt.