Voting

Tuesday, July 8, 2008

First fruit of the garden

I've picked my first squash this year and it is so rewarding! Actually seeing plants produce food is just so exciting! These plants are incredible at what they do. My corn is knee-high by the fourth of July and the tomatoes are coming on. The peppers are getting big, the radishes that Alexander brought home from school are about ready and everything is looking good. Hope it continues and we can get some good canning in this year.
Alexander got to pose with our first squash picked fresh from the garden. This particular one was promptly diced up and given to our Iguana, who thought he had died and gone to heaven!

For everyone who knows that all three of my dear children had the pukes, with just one having the runs as well, they are getting much, much better and were running around tonight like normal. Thank goodness! Poor little things! I have just been nursing Andrew as that is the best food for a baby to digest when they have sick tummies. By today he needed more so I started to feed him. The first feeding went right through him and his diaper, clothes, and high chair. The second seems to be doing much better. :-) The other two dont have much of an appetite. I hear this is normal with this little nuisance of a bug.

Happy birthday to my Aunt Barbara! Niece Kayleigh-yeah she's 12!! Lori Reid, and whoever else's birthday it is today! Hope it was great!

2 comments:

dubby said...

Oh, no, we forgot to sing to Lori. Sigh

Unknown said...

We can sing to her next week- always an excuse to sing the birthday songs! BTW- I always love an excuse to sit in primary!!!