Voting

Wednesday, August 20, 2008

First Day of Kindergarten!

My sweet Alexander went off to his first day of Kindergarten this morning.



From the way things went this morning, I can tell that we are going to have to work on our schedule a little (or maybe a lot)! Actually were okay time wise. Just the stress of everything happening and trying to get everything and everyone in the car was a little much. It would have been nice to have some help! 'Nough said about that though.

Isnt he precious?

All lined up in the gym at school


Alexander didnt seem nervous or scared at all. I dont even know how excited he was! He is such a good kid. He is pretty chilled out. I told him to get dressed this morning and he asked where we were going?!? Funny.
I met some chicks at the park after we dropped Alexander off and we did some laps and then let the little ones play on the playground.


Maggie did a little posing for me at the park!

In the afternoon Shawna and I killed some time before the Kindergarteners got out of school (like we dont have anything else to do) and went to the mall. I saw a friend of mine I really havent seen since high and school, and Alexander got a pair of tennis shoes that were majorly discounted. Martha and Maggie rode the "vehicles" at the mall , which I really wished I had my camera for, and then we rushed off to our schools to get our kids. For a first day of school treat we headed to Klines for some yummy ice cream! Good stuff! Alexander said he had a "great" day and that his teacher was "soooo nice" and that he did "all kinds of fun things" and that "we are sooo smart" (meaning his class). He is going to love school!

4 comments:

Old Man With a radio transmitter in his car said...

This kid went to school for the first day, and when he got home, his mom asked him, "well, how did it go?" and he answered, "not bad, but they told me I have to go back tomorrow." Little does he know. Like your hubby, I had to go to school for 23 (!) solid years!

dubby said...

Old Man, you STILL go to school, although you skip more than you used to.

I am glad he had his friend Sponge Bob on his shirt!

Shawna said...

I am so glad he had a great day. They are growing up, it's hard to believe!

Dianna said...

That is so cute. It just makes me laugh "where are we going?" So funny. :)