Voting

Friday, May 23, 2008

Summer is here!

Summer is here! Maggie and Alexander had their preschool program Thursday night. Maggie's last day of school was Wednesday (since she is a Mon, Wed girl) and Alexander's was today! I am pretty excited about not having to get up and take him to school every morning, but the poor child is sooo upset. He was up crying last night about missing his teachers and friends. We will definitely have to do some playdates over the summer. He has become such a social kid! What a change from when he first went to Covenant and wouldnt talk to anyone!

Here is the video of Maggie's class singing "Two Little Seahorses".



Below is a video of Alexander's class singing Tooty Ta. I think of all the songs, it was the most entertaining. Alexander really got into singing these songs!**! He had been practicing for more than a week and I had to write and type these songs several times for him to put in his new songbook. This has been a source of frustration for both Alexander and myself because he has constantly been after me to write or type something, and I have other children with other needs as well! I hope since the program is over, he wont be quite as demanding.



For an end of the year present, we made a video for each of Alexander's teachers. He is singing a bunch of songs from the schoolyear. It's pretty neat. I made it with the moviemaker program that came with my computer. We also contributed, along with the other parents, to the end-of-the-year teacher fund. The money goes towards a spa visit for each of the teachers. I thought this was a great way to reward the teachers for all of their hard work and was glad to be able to contribute. One of Alexander's schoolmate's mother came up with this great idea. I think we should continue with this fund every year!

No comments: